Strengthening the institutional framework in the water and sanitation sector in the Republic of Moldova
Project financed by
The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
The Austrian Development Agency
SDC Ref. No. 81035398, 7F-08870.01.01
ADA Ref. No. 8332-00/2015
call for expressions of interest (CVs)
REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
Project Name: Strengthening the institutional framework in the water and sanitation sector in the Republic of Moldova
Sector: Water and Sanitation
Expressions of interest: IFSP/CS-17/IC-16/C.3/1.10 INT
Assignment name: International Information System Consultant
This request for expressions of interest follows the Federal Act on Public Procurement (PPA; SR 172.056.1) and Federal Ordinance on Public Procurement (PPO; SR 172.056.11) as per Framework Agreement concerning Technical and Financial Co-operation and Humanitarian Aid between the Swiss Federal Council and the Government of Moldova, signed on September 20, 2001, and the Agreement on Development Cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Austria and the Government of the Republic of Moldova, signed on October 21, 2008.
The proposed consultant services are procured under the Agreement between the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Moldova and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and the Austrian Development Agency on the implementation of the Project "Strengthening the institutional framework in the water and sanitation sector in the Republic of Moldova (IFSP)", Phase (01) dated May 13th, 2016.
The Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Moldova received financing from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and the Austrian Development Agency toward the cost of implementation of the "Strengthening the institutional framework in the water and sanitation sector in the Republic of Moldova (IFSP)", Phase (01), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for procurement of consultant services (Individual Consultant) for providing support in implementation of the component 3 of the Institutional Strengthening Framework Project "Support to the establishment and national roll out of the water information system to support informed decision making in the sector"
To achieve the assignment's objectives, the Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- To strengthen the technical unit in Apele Moldovei for the coordination of the water information system development and maintenance
- To analyse the needs of the partners related to data management and existing reports from previous donors in the field
- To coordinate the production of metadata Inspire compatible by all data producers and data managers
- To coordinate the definition of a common language (see components above) facilitating the exchange of comparable data between partners
- To assess the existing database under the "water resource information system - SIRA"established by the MCC project and to propose improvements, if needed
- To propose terms of reference for updating the database, if needed, and to supervise the services provided (milestones, trial period, etc...)
- To support the 4 institutions in establishing their own procedures to introduce data within the SIRA, including procedures of quality check and data approvals,
- To support the coordination with any other relevant parties, such as e-governare, cadastre administration, Information and Communication Technologies, etc... including through am inter-institutional steering committee,
- To support the critical review of preconditions set out in the "Regulation on State Cadastre of Water Published: 27.09.2013 in the Official Gazette no. 213-215 Article No. 866", in terms of overlapping of existing data (such as the delimitation and registering of lands of the water fund on all the territory) and the propositions of modifications,
- To assist to the availability of the water cadastre in 4 raions, including through support for the preparation of the terms of reference for public acquisitions of topographical services
- To support the redaction of guide for users dedicated to the SIRA and other IT tools,
- To support gender disaggregated data management as part of the WIS;
- To support the links between the environmental authorization platforms and the SIRA
- To support the integration of the SIRA into the environmental information system;
- To support the coordination between SIRA and the Water Information System for Europe
- To liaise as needed with the other activities of the IFSP project, especially the component 2 related to the implementation of the river basin management plans,
- To ensure coordination with other projects which have a information system components,
- To support the organisation of production of outputs (bulletins, indicators, ...) answering to the needs of the partners in order to promote SIRA as a key tool for decision makers, but not the only one,
- To propose a training work plan and to implement it,
- To manage the local counterpart consultant " Local information system consultant"
- To nurture ownership by the relevant stakeholders of the different activities and project results
The consultant will also participate to any other relevant activities, as requested by the International Senior Consultant.
This assignment will require an Individual Consultant, which has:
- Master degree or equivalent professional qualification in information technologies, civil engineering, ecology, environmental sciences, hydrology, hydraulic or any relevant field;
- Sound knowledge of the acquis communautaire in the water / wastewater / integrated water resource management;
- Sound knowledge of the information system directives, such as the INSPIRE directive or the directive on public access to environmental information;
- Excellent knowledge of English is required,
- Communication skills in Romanian, Russian or Gagauz languages will be an asset;
- Proficiency in database, information system including GIS, reporting;
- Extensive knowledge of computer applications;
- Excellent skills in communication and trainings;
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a fairly big team;
- Ability to operate under strict time limits.
The candidate should demonstrate the following experience:
- 10 years of professional experience, including international experience, in information systems. Experience in the region will be an asset,
- 5 years in designing and implementing procedures of data quality check and approvals
The P.I.EMP Management Durabil POP (EMP) acting as a project fiduciary team, now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their expression of interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (copy of the diploma, description of similar assignments, copy of the certificate(s) confirming attending of the trainings, CV, etc.). This Call for Expression of Interest will lead to the preparation of a Short List of consultants comprised of at least 3 (thee) but not more than 6 (six) qualified candidates. For shortlist evaluation of the expressions of interest the following criteria will be applied:
- Educational background and professional qualification (40 points)
- General experience in implementing similar assignments (60 points)
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Procurement Guideline for FDFA contractors (1/2), clause 6.3 "Selective Tendering Procedure", Version 1.0 (September 2015).
The assignment period will correspond to the project implementation timeframe and considered effective from the inception date of contract and expected for a period of 33 months.
Total mobilization of the consultant is of 14 person/ months as follow:
- A first period of 36 weeks full time in Agency "Apele Moldovei"
- After first 36 weeks, a technical support of about one week a month (maximum work load of 20 weeks (5 person/months as total workload) over the remaining period).
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to17:00 hours (Chisinau time).
Expressions of interest must be submitted in written form or e-mail to the address below by 17:00 hours (Chisinau time) on January 9, 2017.
P.I.EMP Management Durabil POP within the
Ministry of Environment
Attn. Mr. Valentin Plesca, Director,
156A, M.Dosoftei str., office 303, MD-2004
Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Tel: + 373 22 226-254;
Fax: + 373 22 226-254
Mr. Cyrille Vallet, International Senior Advisor
seconded by the Austrian Development Agency
to the Ministry of Environment.
9 Constantin Tanase str., MD-2005, office 614 A
Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Tel: (+373) 22 204-510, Fax: (+373) 22 226-858